Thursday, June 19, 2008

From Mary Lilja

I won¹t be able to attend the Big Bash . . . I will miss seeing everyone! So
here¹s my quick recap.

Turns out you can take the girl out of B. Dalton . . . but you can¹t take B.
Dalton out of the girl! There are so many lasting connections. I just marked
the 20th anniversary of my public relations business and our longest-term
client is Barnes & Noble! I canoe most years with the Femmes du Nord,
originally founded by a group of B. Dalton buyers, and led by the likes of
Outdoor Woman Extraordinaire (and dear friend) Julie Arthur. I read
wonderful books each month with my B. Dalton book group: Kay Sexton, Susan
Kettering, Dorothy Goldie, Gracie Hohman, Karin Wille and Marcia Wattson (and
so am up to date on most of the gossip ­ a side benefit in addition to great
books & friendships). My three children are all grown up, including my B.
Dalton baby; he's 21 years old now. Best wishes to everyone! Reach me at
mcl@lilja.com ~ Mary Lilja


No comments: